Are you interested in using Bearly Art's Cyanotype?
In 8 easy steps, you can make custom prints using the power of natural sunlight! Let's get started.
Gather your supplies:
- Bearly Art Cyanotype Kit
- Watercolor Paper
- Measuring Tool
- Sponge Brush
- Water Tub or Sink
- Leaves or Film Negative
- Cup & Spoon - For Mixing
- Sunlight / UV Light
- Frame - Optional
1. Fill each bottle with cool water up to the ridge of the bottle under the neck, as shown in the photos below. Shake and let sit for 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
2. Mix equal parts A & B in a cup wide enough to fit your paint brush/sponge. Only mix what you want to use as this solution will only be stable for the next 2-4 hours.
3. Coat your paper, fabric, leather, wood, cotton, linen, or silk with your mixed solution and allow to dry completely away from sunlight or any other UV lighting.
4. Place your objects or film negative on the coated surface.
5. If you want to keep the pieces together, try using a photo frame as shown below.
6. Set your project in the sun for 3-30 minutes. This depends highly on the amount of sunlight in your area. You can also use a UV light.
7. Rinse off your project with cool water until there is no more yellow color and let dry.
PRO TIP: Use hydrogen peroxide to oxidize your print quickly, bringing out a deeper, darker blue color.
Ta-da! You now have a beautiful blue print.
Check out the FAQs
we put together as well as a short Video Tutorial
for more information!